Wednesday, July 7, 2010

One Small Step At A Time

As a parent, the world can often be hard to introduce your child to. Adding hughesnet internet to the mix of explaining bullies, first kisses, and other such trials of growing up can be a painful experience especially for the parent.

My child, too precocious for her own good, at 9 wanted desperately to play online. She hounded me constantly, daily for a month. Finally, like all good moms, I gave in. After at least an hour of warnings of not giving out her real name, address or anything else that could possibly be used to kidnap her with, I am not sure who was more scared, me or me. Ok, so I was a little paranoid. And after questions of why in this instance it was ok to lie (kids and their incessant questions) I finally allowed my child to hit the hughesnet in kentucky that was her new link to the global community and the new nightmare to keep me up at nights. After some searching and discussing, we found a website where she could adopt a cuddly creature, feed it, play with it, earn some coins, etc. In her new virtual playground, she quickly settled in and to a mother's utter content, she decided she was happy where she was and we could approach emails another day. Small win for me, giant step for her.

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from July 10, 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.