Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Keeping in touch with my family thanks to the Internet

I’m always in touch with my family in Colombia. Using the hughesnet packages is the most economical way to keep in touch with them. We stay hours and hours online just chatting about what we did during the day, who we met at school or work and where the next party will be. Sometimes my brother and I play online games, just to spend time together. We also use the internet to exchange pictures. My mom even bought a digital picture frame because I had sent so many pictures that it has become expensive to print them all. Last but not least, I also use the internet to send money to my family. I make online money transfers from my bank to their bank. There is a small fee transfer, but it still is less expensive than other traditional methods. The only problem we currently face is that my mom has a dialup connection. Sometimes we are in the middle of an important conversation when she gets disconnected. I have satellite internet, so I don’t have the same problem she does. I already asked her to investigate what other options she has as far as internet providers; until she does, we’ll have to keep chatting with frequent disconnections.

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from July 10, 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.