Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Have You Seen Ice Road Truckers?

I remember the first time I saw Ice Road Truckers. It was a few years ago while I was lying in bed and ready to fall asleep. But once I saw this show come on, I was hooked right away. Ice Road Truckers is recorded documentation of truckers trying to haul products and equipment across the most dangerous roads in Alaska. One road is known as the Dalton. The conditions on this road can become severe. It has happened on many occasions that people have frozen to death in their trucks. This happens because the truck breaks down or they get stuck and nobody is able to come help them because the conditions are so treacherous. It's very sad. Luckily, the people I have been watching have all kept safe. They have had many close calls, though. One road they travel is frozen ice. This ice has come close to cracking on many occasions. The problem is that if the ice cracks, the truck will be pulled straight down and there won't be time for an escape.

I told my dad about this show recently. At first, he thought it was boring. This was no surprise to me. My dad likes to be miserable and judgmental about everything. As the show went on, I noticed he was still awake. This was a clear sign to me that he was enjoying himself. He asked about Ice Road Truckers the following week. Since that point in time, it has become a family tradition. We now watch Ice Road Truckers together every week on directv.

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from July 10, 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.