Tuesday, July 28, 2009

my Journey here in America

My journey in life started in the Philippines on July 9 1985. My journey eventually led me here, to America when I joined my husband here last March. I entitled this blog Gemma's Journey so I can chronicle the events of my life here and tell you, my readers, of the difference in culture between here and my home country of the Philippines. My husband tries to protect me from having too much culture shock at once. Maybe sometimes he protects me too much, but who can know what is too much. I am glad that he and I are a team in everything we do. A few days ago we were discussing the visa interview I had to endure in Manila and we found out that both of us had serious doubts if I would be granted a visa. We were both worried about it a lot but we kept our doubts to ourselves and worked together to try to think of every obstacle that the interview might bring to us. Then we worked hard to have papers to prepare us for all those obstacles. Fortunately our doubts and fears were in vain and I passed the interview with flying colors. My husband and I realized that if we work together and put God first in our lives, we can do anything. My journey is really more than my trip here to America. My journey is the trip my heart, mind, and soul makes to find myself, to learn what is right and wrong, and to apply myself and be the best that I can be. God bless you all and may all of your journeys be as fruitful as my own has been. Goodnight to all.........

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from July 10, 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.